Netgear wifi range extender setup is easy and quick with the smart setup wizard that can be accessed through mywifiext.net login. Once you navigate through www.mywifiext.net login on the web browser, you are able to access the mywifiext.net setup page with smart setup wizard guiding you through setup procedure. Mywifiext setup with Netgear wifi extender login requires certain pre-requisites as listed here:
- Netgear wifi range extender has to be placed close to the wireless router at home and within the same room.
- Negear wifi extender should be mid way between your home router and the computer as an ideal placement of my wifi extender setup.
- You must have connected Netgear wifi range extender to the power source for accessing netgear wifi extender login and should be turned on.
- After connecting to power, ensure the power LED flashes green light.
- My wifi extender must be connected to the home router’s Wireless network prior to mywifiext.net setup.
Netgear wifi extender login through www.mywifiext.net is required for netgear extender setup and configuring the settings from dashboard.
The Netgear extender mywifiext setup can be done using either Nighthawk mobile app or WPS other than using browser with netgear wifi extender login.
mywifiext Setup using Nighthawk App – my wifi extender setup
The Nighthawk app lets quick mywifiext.net setup and installation of Netgear wifi range extender
allowing connection setup to the existing router’s wifi:
For mywifiext setup with Nighthawk app:
- Download and run installation of the Nighthawk mobile app on your smart phone device.
- Access the Wi-Fi connection manager on your mobile phone.
- Search for netgear wifi extender wireless network name pre-set by default with NETGEAR_EXT at the end.
- Connect to the SSID/wifi extender network name using the default mywifiext password as printed on the label.
- Launch the Nighthawk app on your phone for my wifi extender setup and connection setup.
- The on screen prompts allow connection setup to your router’s WiFi network.
- my wifi extender setup will be finished once it is connected to the home router’s wifi network.
After mywfiext.net setup is complete, you will have to re-connect your wireless devices to the my wifi extender’s extended wireless network.
For mywifiext setup using WPS:
- Search for the WPS button on the Netgear wifi range extender.
- Push down the WPS button on my wifi extender setup until you see the WPS LED to light white in colour.
- Press the WPS button on your home wireless router as well in next 5 mnutes.
- The WPS enabled my wifi extender setup is quick and finishes after connecting to the wireless router.
- With successful mywifiext setup, the behaviour Link LED on the router will light.
- Different LED light colours indicate the status of Netgear wifi range extender setup.
- Place your netgear wifi extender to a new and ideal location after mywifiext setup.
Following mywifiext.net setup of netgear wifi extender, re-connect your wireless devices to the new
extended wireless network.