The Netgear extenders can be setup either through downloaded Nighthawk app or using the web graphical user interface with mywifiext.net login. The main step for mywifiext.net setup i.e. Netgear extender setup is to place the Netgear extender at its ideal best location for creating the extended wifi network.
Location of the Netgear extender for www.mywifiext.net setup
- The ideally best Netgear extender setup location for placing the Netgear wireless range Extender for mywifiext.net setup is mid-way between your home wireless router and your computer.
- Other location tip to be followed is that the Netgear extender MUST be setup within the wireless network range of the home wireless router’s wifi.
- You are suggested to choose a different location to place the extender, if you wish too, but only after mywifiext.net setup of the Netgear wifi extender. You can move the Netgear wireless range Extender closer to the computer and within the wifi range of your wireless network of the home router.
Netgear Extender SetupNetgear range extenders setup makes the Netgear extenders connect to the wireless network of the existing router using two setup methods:
- Manual method or mywifiext.net setup method
- WPS method.
Netgear Extender Setup manual method – www.mywifiext.net setup:Netgear extender setup manual method uses the web browser for setting up the extender. It uses www.mywifiext.net web protocol address to login to the Netgear extender’s dashboard for setup. Netgear extender setup using wired connections – It is the most recommended connection method for setting up the extender to avoid any connection issues while setting up the Netgear wireless extenders.
- You must connect your Netgear wireless extender to your computer using the Ethernet cable at any of LAN ports of extender.
- Supply power to the Netgear extender after attaching its DC-IN port connected adapter to the power source.
- Turn on the power of the extender and keep assured that it is lit by checking the power LED which should light.
- Open the wireless network manager on your computer.
- Search for the Netgear extender’s wireless settings.
- Connect it to the network with default wireless network SSID Netgear_ext.
- Enter the default wireless network password to connect to the network.
Netgear extender login for www.mywifiext.net setup:
- Open a browser page on your computer connected to the Netgear extender.
- Key in mywifiext.net web/LAN address in the address bar to reach the netgear extender’s dashboard.
- The Netgear extender setup page will auto-launch on first time Netgear extender login
- The onscreen instructions on the setup page will display on the screen for your Netgear extender setup.
- Go though onscreen mywifiext.net setup steps for configuring wireless network settings.
- Search for available wireless networks to be extended.
- Click on the Setup button.
- Choose the home router’s wireless network that you have to extend.
- Abide by on-screen steps to connect to the wireless network.
- Join your wireless devices to the new extended network by mywifiext.net setup.
- To connect to the Netgear extender’s network, join using the wireless network name:- netgear_ext with default password printed on the extender’s label.