www.mywifiext.net: NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender EX6150
NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender EX6150 advances your current network coverage and produces AC dual-band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1200 Mbps. It can work with any standard Wi-Fi router & is ideal for online HD video streaming & gaming. You can also build a new Wi-Fi hotspot by adopting a wired Ethernet connection. This AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender allows a simple upgrade to 802.11ac with Access Point mode. You will get the connectivity that you need for iPads®, smartphones, laptops & many more.
Netgear Wi-Fi Mesh Range Extender EX6150 Installation –
1. Place your NETGEAR AC1200 EX6150 Wi-Fi Range Extender,
2. Next, provide a power supply to the range extender,
3. Then, attach it to your Wi-Fi network.
Note: You can also exercise the Netgear range extender as a Wi-Fi access point and create a new Wi-Fi hotspot with the help of a wired Ethernet connection.
Place your Netgear Range Extender and Supply Power –
For placing your range extender and provide power supply to your extender, follow these steps:-
1. Place your Netgear Range Extender in the same room where your WiFi router is installed. Proximity to the WiFi router is only needed during the beginning setup procedure.
2. Plug in the Netgear range extender into an electrical socket.
3. Remain for the Power LED to glow amber, and then it transforms to green. If the Power LED does not glow, then press the Power On/Off button available on the side of the extender.
Connect the extender to an existing WiFi network –
For extending the range of your WiFi network, you must connect your range extender to your existing WiFi network. You can do this in two ways, either using WPS or using a web browser:-
● Connect using WPS: Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) lets you join a secure WiFi network without typing the network name and password.
Note:WPS does not sustain WEP network security. If you are applying for WEP security, you need to follow the instructions mentioned below.
For using WPS to connect the range extender to your Wi-Fi router:-
1.Press the WPS button present on the side panel of the range extender. The WPS LED starts blinking.
2.Within two minutes, you must press the WPS button fixed on your router or access point. The WPS LED on the range extender turns to glow solid green, the Router Link LED shines, and the range extender gets connected to your existing Wi-Fi network. If the Router Link LED does not glow, then try again. But, if it still does not light, follow the second approach and obey Connect with Web Browser Setup steps.
3.If your Wi-Fi router supports the 5 GHz frequency band, then you should repeat Steps 1 and 2 to connect the extender to the 5 GHz band.
4. Find the new range extender Wi-Fi network name on your PC system or Wi-Fi device. The Netgear range extender establishes two new extender Wi-Fi networks. The extender’s new Wi-Fi network names are based on your current Wi-Fi network name, with _EXT at the end of the network name.
1. Existing Wi-Fi network name- MyNetworkName
2.New extender Wi-Fi network names- MyNetworkName_2GEXT and MyNetworkName_5GEXT
5.Connect your PC device or Wi-Fi devices to the new range extender Wi-Fi network and use the corresponding Wi-Fi password that you apply for your Wi- Fi router.
6.Unplug the range extender and relocate it to a new location nearer to the area with a weak Wi-Fi signal. The place that you choose should be within the range of your current Wi-Fi router network.
7.Plug the range extender into an electrical socket.
8.Wait for the Power LED to glow amber and then become green in color. If the Power LED does not shine, press the Power On/Off button arranged on the side of the extender.
9. Utilize the Router Link LED situated on the front panel to assist you in selecting a point where the extender-to-router connection is optimal.
Connect using a web browser setup:
You can practice a web browser to log in to the range extender and set up its Wi-Fi connection to your current Wi-Fi router. Follow these steps for using a web browser to connect the range extender to your Wi-Fi router:
1.Utilize a Wi-Fi network manager on your computer system or any Wi-Fi device to discover and attach to the range extender NETGEAR_EXT (SSID) Wi-Fi network. Later, when the connection with the computer system or Wi-Fi device gets established, the Client Link LED starts glowing.
2.Open any web browser of your choice.
3.Type in the web domain www.mywifiext.net in the address field of the web browser. The New Extender Setup screen will appear on the screen.
4.Hit the NEW EXTENDER SETUP button. The initial time when you log in to your range extender, a Create an Account screen will display on the screen. If the Create an Account screen does not display, then you should visit the web domain www.mywifiext.net.
5.Fill in the fields presented on the Create Account window and hit the NEXT button.
6.When asked, then choose your country or region from the Regional Settings menu and hit the NEXT button.
7. Click on the WIFI RANGE EXTENDER button.
The range extender scans for Wi-Fi networks in your region and will then display a list.
8. Pick a Wi-Fi network that you want to extend and tap the NEXT button. If you do not like to extend both Wi-Fi bands, you can clear the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Networks or the 5 GHz Wi-Fi Networks checkbox.
9. In the given Password or Network Key field, type in the current Wi-Fi network password, also known as passphrase or security key, and then hit the NEXT button.
10. Next, set the network name (SSID) and password for your new range extender Wi-Fi network and tap on the Next button.
11. Connect your customer device to the new range extender Wi-Fi network with the help of extender SSID and the password that you have created in point 10.
12. Ensure that your client device gets successfully connected before you hit the Continue button.
13.Tap on the Continue button. A message will appear confirming that the range extender gets connected to the new extender Wi-Fi network.
14.Hit the Next button. The registration screen will display.
15.Fill in the registration fields and hit the Finish button to accomplish the setup. If you do not like to register your range extender, then hit the Skip Registration link. Note that you must register your Netgear range extender before using NETGEAR telephone support. The Status screen will display on the screen.
16.Unplug the range extender and shift it to a new location closer to the area with a poor Wi-Fi signal. The location that you select must be present within the range of your current Wi-Fi router network.
17. Plugin your range extender into an electrical socket. Wait for the Power LED to shine amber, and then it will transform to green. If the Power LED does not glow, you need to press the Power On/Off button.
18.Utilize the Router Link LED to assist you in selecting a place where the extender-to-router connection is optimal. The range extender will connect to your existing router’s Wi-Fi network.